Oh hey there! Surprised to see you today, I know it's been WEEKS since I have done a Friday post - so seriously, thank you for dropping by.
First and foremost! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
Okay, now that's out of the way.
Today is a big day, I have a lot to tell you - so let's get started.
(1) I am a part of the Junior Womens Club and we joined up with Big Brothers and Big Sisters and threw a trunk or treat event. If there are kids and candy involved I am always in, so this was an event I immediately signed up for.
Here is how my trunk turned out:
(2) As you may recall, we adopted this gorgeous guy - Captain. Just wanted to update you - he's doing GREAT - as if you couldn't tell from my instagram feed! We have reached the potty training stage....and boy oh boy is it off to a rough start, he peed on my boots last night. Any suggestions here?
(3) This week was a pretty damn successful blog week, if I do say so myself. I published two amazing co-posts this week plus awesome relationship advice for everyone - friends included - and a Halloween plan yesterday highlighting the fabulous Brittany. If you missed the co-posts, I highly suggest you check them out! One was about busting beauty myths and the other was about newlywed myths.
(4) I want to do a Q&A post here on the blog about hair, makeup, and life. Is there anything you want to know? Just ask me via email OR leave a comment below!
(5) I like to leave my number five spot for some blog posts that have really touched me - go check em out and love them, please and thank you:
- It was my best blogger friend's birthday! Go here to read about her one birthday tradition that is treetacular.
- Ashley from The Nashvillian wrote this amazing post about volunteering at an Elephant sanctuary. It's really touching - just go read it, click here.
- Talking about weight - in particular weight gain, is such a hard topic to talk about. Kristyn not only tackles the issue but does so with such grace and in such a relatable manner. It really struck a cord with me in a good way - click here to read it.
Okay, now for the big announcement!
Recently Tay and Helene did a blog post series called Blogtober. You may have heard of it - it only crashed Helene's Photobucket! Anyways, if you missed it - the whole point of it was to blog every day in October off of a list of writing prompts that Tay and Helene provided. Well, when I saw this I was like WHAT A GREAT IDEA! I just didn't want to do it alone and didn't know who to ask.
When Tay from Tay Meets World approached me about doing something similar to this for Christmas I was SO IN and SO EXCITED about it! We will be blogging for the twenty-five days of Christmas off a list of writing prompts put together - which will be released soon!
Here are a few more details:
Don't forget - email me or leave a comment below with questions for the Q&A about beauty, hair, and life! Have a happy and safe Halloween! I will be posting pictures on instagram of mine and Chris's costumes!